Increasing sales productivity by an average of 30%
Consistent process orientation can dramatically improve sales productivity.
Which has been shown by international studies which suggest sales growth rates of 30% on average (Source: Harvard Business Manager, April 2007)
In essence, it is about enhancing three qualities: 1) level of information and competence among salespeople, 2) viewing sales as a process (new customer acquisition, customer care, up-selling, cross selling, etc.), 3) quality of information processing (customer call reports, customer and prospects data base, market and competitive environment information)
By means of introducing a sales quality indicator it is possible to identify best practice and to modify the activities of sales staff accordingly.
Ten Commandments to improve sales productivity
- Picking the right sales force
- Continuous sales personnel training
- Segmenting customers
- Preparing for sales talks
- Quality time with the customer
- Standardising the most important sales processes
- Process-oriented cooperation between sales force, office personnel and marketing
- Process-oriented payments scheme
- Digital information: access and processing
- You get what you inspect, not what you expect.